For fall of 2019, we are accepting transfer applications.
Transfer student applications for the 10th and 11th grades will be considered on a case-by-case basis depending on space availability at the grade level requested. Saint Mary’s does not accept 12th grade transfers. Transfers for the fall of 2020 will be informed of the admission decision between April and May of 2020, after the incoming freshman admissions process has been completed.
Students applying for admission to Saint Mary’s College High School as a transfer student in grade 10 or 11 must be in good academic and disciplinary standing at their current school pursuing a college preparatory curriculum, with no D’s or F’s (verification will be required.).
- FORWARD THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO SAINT MARY’S.
Please forward the following information to Saint Mary’s via email email@example.com or fax to 510.559.6277 Attn: Cherisse Payne:
- a copy of applicant’s current unofficial high school transcript showing all courses taken and grades/credits received;
- a copy of applicant’s most recent standardized test scores;
- a parent cover letter explaining your child’s interest in Saint Mary’s.
- EVALUATION BY THE DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
Once the Director of Admissions has had an opportunity to review and evaluate the transfer documentation and academic information, the family will be contacted via email with an assessment. The assessment will address whether or not the applicant has completed and earned sufficient academic achievement to qualify them to fulfill our graduation requirements. No evaluation for admission will be considered unless and until both the transfer application and academic information has been received.
- If the evaluation is positive, the applicant will be asked make an appointment for a student interview, and obtain current teacher recommendations
- COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION Indicate that you are a ‘transfer’ student.
PLEASE NOTE: All transfer acceptances are conditional and not finalized until final official transcripts are received. Course placement will occur once final transcripts are reviewed.